Sunday, January 17, 2010

Menu Plan 1/18-1/24



The eat from the pantry challenge has been going well this week. I have to go pick up some WIC tomorrow, because I have just about exhausted my evaporated milk stash for cooking and the kids are getting cranky without their juice. I discovered they don't like V8, which is unfortunate because we have quite a few cans of it left over from me buying it while I was pregnant, but not being able to drink it because I was pregnant and it made my heartburn horrible!

My refrigerator is about bare (and oh my I need to scrub it really good!) and you can see all the way to the back wall of my cabinets. I'm not really sure how much longer I can go on the Challenge. We'll see.




I have to admit that I haven't stuck to a single menu plan so far! At all. Like I don't think I've made a single meal on the day I had planned on making it. I look at it to see what I planned, and then I think of something that sounds better than that. Lol. Or my husband requests something. I guess I'll try again... We're going to be trying to eat lots of small meals and snacks each day to lose weight, so I figure I will plan for 3 of them, and there should be atleast two snacks thrown in each day between these. I just can't plan for snacks. It would damage my sanity.

Monday-

Oatmeal

Grilled chicken breasts

Broccoli cheese Soup and Cornbread

Tuesday-

Scrambled Eggs

Leftover Soup

I'll be at an Avon meeting, Husband will probably be feeding the kids sanwiches.

Wednesday-

Healthy Cereal

Sandwich

Turkey Tacos

Thursday-

Pancakes (very small portions)

Clam Chowder

Fajitas

Friday-

Sausage Biscuit

Sandwich

Pork Chop

Saturday-

Cereal

BLTs

Tuna Casserole

Sunday-

Muffins

Grilled chicken Salads

Veggie Soup

I had just started getting back into the swing of cooking every night, and now I'm going to have to adjust to cooking healthier foods... If I can just keep it in mind it won't be a problem but as absent minded as I have gotten here lately, I just have a feeling I'm going to cook up some huge unhealthy meal and remember once it's all done that I'm supposed to be sticking to the lighter side. At which point my husband will eat it all. And then blame it on me when he gains weight at the next weigh in. Lol. Good times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment