Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Booking it in 2010!


So I hadn't really put much thought into trying to read more (just not something that really crosses your mind when you're chasing kids around all day) but when I saw this on Life as Mom I figured I could find some time somewhere to read (used to be one of my biggest passions, along with writing, it's amazing how your life just kinda rearranges itself without you realizing it!) So my plan for 2010 is to read Jane Austen's Novels (been meaning to do this for a while!)

Pride and Prejudice
Persuasion
Emma
Northanger Abbey
Sense and Sensibility
Mansfield Park
Lady Susan
I think this is going to be a lot of fun, and also a great way to unwind and relieve some stress at the end of the day once the kids are in bed! I really need to relax here lately, I'm way too stressed! I really think this will help me hang on to my sanity! Sometimes it's good to prove to yourself that you can still read books written for adults, when you've been reading so many written for toddlers!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love Jane Austen! Did you know that Emma is the new mini-series? Not sure what channel, but it begins on January 24th. Good luck on your reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JANE FREAKIN' AUSTEN!!!!
    I Love, love, love all things Austen. (I even share her birthday- Dec. 16) :) Good Luck on your endeavor... the Regency Era british dialect may throw you off at first but hang in there-it will become second nature. Northanger Abbey was the one that I struggled with- in terms of being as interested in story, as say: Emma or Pride and Prejudice.
    And to follow up on Sarah's comment- The new Emma mini series starts this Sunday on PBS Masterpiece. Check website for your local listings. Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great choice with jane austen. i'm booking it this year also. good luck on your reading journey!

    ReplyDelete