Sunday, December 27, 2009

Made from Scratch Pancakes and syrup, and Hash.

My grandmother always made her pancakes from scratch, and I am spoiled on them! Luckily, they're easy to make (every bit as easy as pancake mix as far as I'm concerned).

Homemade Pancakes
4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 egg
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Milk

You just mix it all together and cook them just like you would from a mix. I've never measured the milk out, I just eyeball it.

My grandmother also always made her syrup from scratch. If you like the thick syrup you generally buy, this syrup is not for you, but I like this because it's thinner, and it absorbs into the pancakes really well

Homemade Pancake Syrup
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
1 tsp imitation maple flavoring

Put water and sugar into a pot and heat it, just barely bring to a boil, and immediatley remove from heat. Add maple flavoring. It's that simple

If you have any pot roast leftovers (we never do around here) Here's a really great soup to make it last for another meal

Hash
Leftover pot roast, chopped
1 medium to large Onion, chopped
4 or 5 potatoes, cubed
Salt
Pepper
1-2 jalapenos (optional)

Just throw it all together, cover with water, and cook for about 3-4 hours (the longer you cook it the better it is, I swear!)

Check out more recipes at the recipe swap at Life as Mom

Make sure you check out my previous post for info on the Avon sale going on, and visit my website at www.youravon.com/amcgilberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment