Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fried Pies!

This is a recipe my grandmother used to make the pastry to fill with anything you like for Fried Pies. I absolutley love these! No matter what the occasion, family get togethers, pot lucks, or just for my family at home, I have never had to worry about these sticking around long enough to go bad!

Fried Pie Crust

5 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp salt
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup shortening
1 egg (beaten)

Make dough and roll out to the size of a saucer. Fill with your filling of choice, dot edges with butter, fold over, and crimp edges together with a fork. Fry in a skillet with the oil of your choice until golden brown!

My Grandmother almost always filled these with applesauce, and that's still my favorite way to make it. Just make sure you use sweetened applesauce. I made the mistake of using unsweetened applesauce the first time I ever made these and the results were not that great (although they still got eaten!) I also like to sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the pies.

These also freeze well!

Be sure you check out all the recipes at the recipe swap at http://www.lifeasmom.com/

Also be sure you go look around my eStore at www.youravon.com/amcgilberry. you have until Noon EST December 20 to get guaranteed christmas delivery! Use code repflyer to get free shipping on your first order or rfsc01 for free delivery on an order of $20 or more. Make sure you check out the Year end beauty countdown (you'll see the link on my website it's right in the middle) They have eye makeup remover on sale for $1!!!!! That would be an excellent stocking stuffer!!! There's a ton of great deals going right now, so look around, and be sure to register so you can get emails every campaign with some of the best deals and a free shipping code!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment