Moneysaving Mom and Life as Mom are hosting a month long eat from the pantry challenge, and I'm going to give it a go! So here are my goals and plan of action.
1. To save an entire month's worth of grocery money up for the week we will be spending with my husband's family soon. I hope to go help them stock their cabinets!
2. To use up some surplus. We are currently living in a small apartment with a small kitchen, and there is just not enough space for everything that I have been buying on sale and with coupons.
1. I know I have plenty of food in my cabinets to cook meals from scratch for a month, the main thing I've been buying lately is convenience food type stuff because I have a 3 month old and she knows when I'm trying to cook dinner, and picks that time to scream at me.
2. I love cooking from scratch and have been considering my options for about a month now, and have decided to try freezer cooking. What better time to start than now, right?
3. I can not take 8+ hours in the kitchen in one day, so I will be doing my freezer cooking weekly, on Sundays, starting the 3rd. Sundays are my most likely days to have fewer children, as my mom is supposed to take the two older ones all day long, although it hasn't been happening lately, so I am planning on having to keep all three kids happy while I'm cooking. We'll see how this works out!!!
Check out my previous posts for great deals from Avon. Only 3 days left on my deal! Head to www.youravon.com/amcgilberry and look around and pick up some things you've been needing, or a late gift for someone, or just register so you will receive emails about sales and shipping deals!